Hooters - Broken glass in drink - DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

Today I had the worst dining experience of my life, thanks to the hooters on Kingston Pike in Knoxville, TN.I hope this is the actual page for Hooters corporate headquarters, because something needs to be done about this.

I had already consumed about 2/3 of my margarita when I realized that the rim of the glass was broken and had a chip missing.

I immediately alerted my server, because I realized that there was a chance that I had inadvertently consumed broken glass with my drink. Her solution to this was to bring me a new, empty, glass. When I explained to her that pouring a drink which may contain broken glass into a new glass and drinking it anyway would not solve my problem, the manager came. His solution to the problem was to comp my drink.

When I stated that I didn't care about the drink, I cared about whether or not there was a piece of GLASS in it, as well as the possibility that I had CONSUMED said glass, he argued with me for a while then offered to fill out an incident report. Based on his reaction and attitude towards me, I don't believe that he ever filed the report he filled out. When the check came, I saw that he had comped my margarita, then charged me $7.99 for a single shot of Gran Mariner which I had requested be poured over the top of my drink. So, there might have been glass in my drink, and I may have inadvertently swallowed this piece of glass, so he took $5 off my bill then turned around and charged me $7.99 for an add-on shot that was part of the exact same drink in question which may have contained broken glass?!

I don't know what else to say about this without devolving into a string of curse words. This is absolutely atrocious and I will never be eating at hooters again. The food might be good, but it's not good enough to gamble my life on.

And on top of that the sheer attitude with which I was treated in response to my complaint blows my mind.The manager's name is Manuel Hermosillo, and I have pictures of the chipped glass as well as my receipt for proof

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Possibility of death from food
    • Bad service
    • Ignorance

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Review category
Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
review #615364 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hooters? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 12 #1093606 Omaha, Nebraska

Sounds like a classic scam..attempted by one of the duller tools in the shed. (LOL @ doofus scanner thinking/hoping that this is magically "The actual page of Hooters Official headquarters" )....
Without photos provided that clearly show the chipped glass and the chip, your scam is even weaker. Were you injured? Did you seek medical attention? Of course not, lol. Instead you went to some random site and cried to a bunch of strangers...
Oh the hilarity!

2 0 Reply

Oct 21, 2015 #1051810

It is not a Hooters problem...it is infact a problem with Americans in general...starting with their immigration officers!!!
The same hooters in Europe is a different story!!

1 0 Reply

May 03, 2015 #979533

So...two adults and a kid? And both adults were drinking. Who drove? Sounds like you just wanted to get something for nothing.

1 0 Reply

Aug 16, 2015 #1020129

Nothing listed in their complaint suggests they weren't willing to pay for their meal, minus the glass margarita (which originally had the $7.99 shot in it, so it should be replaced for free as the same.) Adults have a drink with their meal sometimes, doesn't mean they let their kids drive home, or get wasted from a single drink + meal. It's more about the lack of customer service and thoughtfulness from management.

0 1 Reply

Jan 12 #1093611

Nah, it's more about the fact that this guy is just trying to get some $ out of Hooters, lol.
I imagine the REAL story involves being called out by management for getting shamelessly tipsy and demanding (free) lap dances, because in his mind, it's not good "customer service" without that free groping!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hooters. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Hooters.
Filing a new complaint about