1.8

A single person on Christmas eve, I did not make it in time for a meal but on Christmas afternoon, I stopped at the Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN location to get my usual order of 20 wings to go.

Not overly crowded, but with adequate wait staff, I did not see a hostess and as the intent was to sit at the bar, chose instead to stand at a table directly across from the bar and took time to *** a jacket and other gear as I had ridden a motorcycle that afternoon.

At one point, the manager walked by quickly. 3 of the wait staff walked by and one, with pitcher with cash in side in hand, addressed 2 customers at the bar with her back to me. When done soliciting money they both looked reluctant to do, the same waitress turned around, saw me and instead of asking if I had been helped, walked on.

Not that I expected to be waited on immediately, when a 4th waitress walked by quickly I asked "excuse me, do you work here?" The waitress turned to me and said "normally the hostess seats a customer".

I stated I normally sit at the bar and altho most will greet me at the door, the hostess on this day was not at the station. I asked to see the manager and instead approached the food station where the manager was and in his defense, he stated something about problems with a vendor (Christmas day?) and what could he do to resolve the matter.

By this time my plans for a take out order were reduced. Not the first time this has happened at this location, the wait staff should be more responsive to customers standing or sitting that look like they are new and waiting on service. I chose to not eat at this location, put on my gear and talked to 2 of the cook staff who were outside on a break just prior to my leaving and they both were aware I was irked.

Review about: Hooters Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being ignored by wait staff.

Had an Experience with Hooters?

Comments